Emmanuelle "Emma" Caroline Mirabelle Dominique Beauchene Des Marais Emmanuelle is the vampire child of Draco Mauvaisefoi and the most loyal to him. Born in London, her human life ended when she was nineteen during WWI in 1914. After a century together, Emma is fiercely loyal to her maker, and despite her relative youth as a vampire acts as his second in command in his duties.
Emmanuelle prefers to be called Emma and the only person who can call her that is Draco. Emma has had many lovers Amelia Heartstone, Yvette, Rosa Parks, and current lover Sunshine Enjolras an Earth Fae. She has had a few male lovers such as William Henderson and several other vampire groupies.
Emma is also the second-in-command to her makers Draco's every desire or tricks. She also happens to be the brain's behind the operations whenever he can't think of an plan or the idea is against his morals.
Early Life Edit
Emmanuelle Caroline Mirabelle Dominique Beauchene Des Marais and was born to Mr. Beauchene and Mrs. Des Marais
She was born beautiful and constantly praised, making her vain and self-centered as a result. Her parents took pride in her looks, which she enjoyed. She also enjoyed her father's pleasure in buying her beautiful clothes, her girlfriends' envy, and the admiration of every man she passed. The result of all this attention was that Emma tended to be self-absorbed, shallow, and materialistic. However, unlike her social-climbing parents, who always wanted more out of life despite their already elevated status, Emma was just happy in the knowledge that she was Emma Beauchene Des Marais, and that she was very beautiful.
One day, Emma's mother had her dress up to deliver her father's forgotten lunch to his job, in the hopes that the son of the bank's owner would take notice of Emma, and it worked. Richard King II sent roses to Emma and, after making a comment that her eyes were like violets, Emma began receiving them, too. Their relationship was solely based on physical attraction, as Richard was often too busy at the bank. They became engaged and one week before the wedding, Emma visited her best friend/older sister Céleste, who Emma envied for her baby boy. At one point, when Céleste's husband kissed her, Emma finally noticed the lack of love in her relationship with Richard that was so obvious in Céleste's. While walking home, shaken by her thoughts about her loveless relationship, Emma stumbled across her drunken fiancé and his equally drunk friends; Richard bragged about his fiancée's beauty which eventually led to Rosalie being brutally gang-raped and beaten before being left in the street to die.
Emma was found by Draco, the scent of blood having attracted him to the dying girl. He carried her to a room where he turned her into a vampire, worsening the pain she was already in.
When he made her a vampire, he dug her a hole out of the ground before she arose the first time, so that she wouldn't have to dig her own way out, then patiently explained vampire life to her.
Emma soon avenged her death by killing Richard's friends one at a time. Having saved Richard for last, Emma donned a bridal gown for dramatic effect and found him locked in a windowless room with a thick, vault-like door guarded by two men. Killing the guards, Emma entered the room where she tortured Rihard to death. Though she killed seven men, she was very careful to not spill even the smallest drop of their blood, knowing that she wouldn't be able to resist and repulsed by the idea of having any part of them inside her.
A Century with Draco Edit
Emma is described as being the "most beautiful person in the world", as she is astoundingly gorgeous, even for a vampire
In her human life, Emma was described as a woman with beauty, elegance, class, and money. Her eyes were described as being like violets when she was a human. She enjoys wearing beautiful and elegant dresses with jewelry that reflect her beauty.
She will be forever 19 years old. She is round faced with a chalky pale complexion, dark blue eyes and straight blond hair "white as a magnolia petal". Lola is a taller than Lola, who is 5 feet 6 inches tall. Her work outfit is always black and gothic, but she prefers twinset-type styles, and pastels such as pale green, pink and blue. Lola thought that she looked "ethereally lovely, with a kind of deadly edge". She is 5'9" tall and statuesque, with an elegant figure similar to a model's.
Emma is described as being narcissistic and self-centered, but extremely loyal to her friends and family. She became very shallow and naive as a result of the attention and love caused by her beauty as a human, and had never been envious of anyone other than her older sister Céleste, who had found love in her marriage. Even so, she thought her human life was perfect. Rosalie enjoys the effect she has on men who become easily stunned by her beauty and women who become jealous of her; however, because of this, she is not happy when someone else appears to be more attractive than her or receive more attention than her.
Emma is extremely loyal toward her maker, Draco, and acts as his second in command despite her relative youth as a vampire. She is often blunt when explaining things or dealing with most people--vampire or not. She has a very morbid sense of humor, with a sweet yet highly lethal charm. She can also be very cold and uncaring when dealing with people and seems apathetic to others concerns.
Emma is also friendly with Lola. She often gives her advice that she has read from Dear Abby advice columns. She is amused when Lola does not follow Draco's orders and seems to enjoy telling him that Lola will not do as he bids.
Vampire/Succubus Powers Edit
Dark Arts: Users can be incredibly skilled in dark magic.
- Chaos Magic
- Demonic Magic
- Life Magic
- Lust Magic
- Illusion Manipulation\
Death by Sex: Draco can induce death through sexual intercourse. He first caused this power to be in the working when he had sex for the first time with a girl named Amanda who was human.
Dream Walking: Draco is capable of entering the dreams of others. Some users may be able to enter daydreams.
- Sleep Inducement: Draco can cause organisms to fall asleep, whether instantaneously or more naturally.
Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Semi-Immortality: This ability never age, and as a result, they stay young forever or at least never suffer the ravages of aging. Because of this, the user will always be at their physical prime. The user will also be immune to aging abilities, such as Age Acceleration or Reversal.
- Enhanced Dexterity or Supernatural Dexterity
- Enhanced Durability/Invulnerability or Supernaturally Dense Tissue
- Supernatural Survivability: Is able to survive massive and even horrific injuries or damage, or almost any level of danger or circumstances. In some cases simply managing to cheat death even in seemingly inescapable and deadly situations.
- Enhanced Strength or Supernatural Strength
- Enhanced Agility or Supernatural Agility
- Enhanced Combat: Most Vampire/Incubus is unbelievably skilled in most known forms of fighting. They can be exceptionally proficient in the fighting traditions of a variety of cultures and become advanced with their own individual methods of close quarter combat, including martial arts (from all over the world), boxing, and wrestling. They can also become superhumanly skilled in their use of weaponry.
- Enhanced Durability or Supernatural Durability
- Enhanced Endurance or Supernatural Endurance
- Enhanced Senses: Has extremely accurate senses, allowing them to see, hear, smell, taste, and/or touch more than an average member of their species.
- Night Vision: Has excellent night vision, the ability to see in low light conditions or even total darkness. Whether by biological or technological means, night vision is made possible by a combination of two approaches: sufficient spectral range, and sufficient intensity range.
- Stealth Tactics: Possesses incredibly extensive knowledge and skill in many types and ways of stealth tactics, enabling them to easily slip in and out of areas undetected. Their abilities in all manners of stealth are so refined they appear as mere illusions to those who have been lucky to spot the user. The users of this ability can move throughout even the most guarded of areas and act in true discretion.
- Enhanced Speed or Supernatural Speed
- Regenerative Healing Factor: can rapidly regenerate. In other words, they recreate lost or damaged tissues, organs and limbs, sometimes slowing, or even stopping, aging. The rate and amount of healing varies widely (see Levels of Regeneration); some can regrow missing limbs, others must put the limb back in place for rapid regeneration. They are generally in very good physical shape as their bodies are constantly reverting to healthy state, granting them nigh-inexhaustible stamina and vitality. At higher levels, users can regenerate not just their cellular tissues, but also their DNA, undoing genetic mutations and breakdown, as well as maintaining one's youth by extending telomeres. This also gives them immunity to diseases and infections, undoing any unwanted symptoms, as well as provide a form of self-sustenance, forgoing the needs for oxygen and food intake. If advanced enough, the ability will cause the body to cease aging as the cells are regenerating and dying in equilibrium, granting immortality. Regeneration differs from wound healing, which involves closing up the injury site with a scar.
- Haemopotent Replication: Can regenerate themselves using blood as a medium, with the amount of used blood defining the speed of healing.
- Unnatural Presence: There mere presence in an area or proximity to an individual can result in bizarre changes to the surrounding areas including loss of superpowers, weather changes, paranoia and hostility in people in the area and inexplicable disasters.
- Soullessness: No soul or spiritual tether to the world, essentially making the user emotionless and immortal, as a person needs a soul to have a degree of mortality in the first place. A soulless person does not possess emotions or feelings to cloud their ambition making them excellent killers and assassins and they cannot be tracked in mystical ways due to a lack of spiritual essence. User can not be influenced by the powers of Heaven or Hell and is immune to the effects of Soul Manipulation, Necromancy, Soul Absorption, Soul Removal, Contract Bestowal or Penance Stare.
- Matter Ingestion: Can eat any substance without harmful effects, regardless of what they consume. They can consume matter in any form - solid, liquid or gas.
- Tantric Metabolization: Draco can feed off and sustain themselves/their powers by feeding off sexuality and/or sexual energy from sexuality, sexual experiences, sexual emotions, etc.
- Blood Consumption: Can absorb (usually by ingesting) the blood and/or bodily fluids of others for either sustenance, offensive, defensive, or regenerative purposes.
- Blood Empowerment: becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come into contact with or are near blood, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing their existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the blood or even slow or stop aging.
- Blood Flow Vision: Will have the ability to see all major and minor veins of any living being. The user can even see them through inanimate objects like trees, concrete, clothes, and so on.
- Contaminant Immunity: Is immune to some, if not all, known poisons, toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, allergen, etc.
- Conversion: Can permanently transform other beings into other kind of creatures, typically the kind they are; for example, vampires transforming humans into other vampires through a bite.
- Vampirization: Can transform other beings into vampires. Usually, humans are most common in the transformation, but other beings can also become vampires as well.
- Daytime Walking: Is a nocturnal creature (typically a vampire) able to withstand exposure to direct sunlight and be active during the day. This can be because they are a Dhampir, are endowed with magic or are unique physically in one way or another.
- Darkness Manipulation: can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: one can also control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport one's self through massive distances via shadows, etc.
- Create/generate/increase, absorb, shape and manipulate darkness/shadow for various effects, sizes, shapes and intensity levels.
- Depending of the level of strength, one can blanket an entire city, country or world in eternal darkness.
- Create/generate/increase, absorb, shape and manipulate darkness/shadow for various effects, sizes, shapes and intensity levels.
- Defunct Physiology: Lacks any physical weaknesses of an organic, living body including the need for rest, sustenance or other physical requirements. They do not feel pain and cannot be poisoned or get ill.
- Disease Immunity: immunity, digestive, and other organ systems are enhanced or evolved far beyond that of a normal human's. They are completely immune to every form of disease brought on by bacteria, viruses, or even parasites.
- Emotion Consumption: Can fully or partially absorb emotions, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently. Targets of the draining often lose motivation due to the sudden loss of intense emotions.
- Energy Absorption: Can absorb various forms of energy, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Has intelligence that is significantly above standard genius level intellect; possessing exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, and originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge. One is gifted with higher mental faculties such as a more powerful memory, better calculation skills, greater reasoning skills, and superior learning capacity. At this stage, an individual can often come up with unique and original ideas that elevates the thinking of humanity to new levels.
- Disease Inducement: Can induce any disease/sickness in others. The exact length of the effect depends on both the users skill and power and the targets current state.
Enslavement Kiss: Upon kissing another, the Draco is able to mentally control and manipulate the minds of their victims, effectively making the victim a slave to the user's will. With but one kiss, the Draco can send an opponent into mindless servitude and render them helpless in opposition towards the user.
Invisibility: Draco can render themselves unseen by the naked eye and become invisible in visible spectrum. He can move about an environment unseen by others and act without being observed. Some users can choose to let certain people see them, while staying invisible to others.
Scattering: Can disperse their body into smaller fragments, like someone who already is made of sand, insects or water spreading themselves or vampires that can turn into flock of bats, scattering into large area while retaining control over their fragments instead of staying in relatively cohesive form and reforming from any part. While this ability does not really make the best offensive as a defensive form it is almost invincible.
- Bat Swarming: can disperse their body into a swarm of bats, scattering into large area while retaining control over their fragments instead of staying in relatively cohesive form and reforming from any part.
Wallcrawling: Can climb walls and stay unto ceilings. The user does not deny gravity, but has the ability to adhere to surfaces unaided. However in order to truly be "crawling" on the user must be able to maintain balance for long periods of time, compared to Wallrunning where the energy is only temporary. Beings with super human strength or super strong and dense claws could simply dig their fingers or into a surface, then propelling upward and digging in again, generating the effect of wall crawling. In some cases, the user may simply be able to make use of any handholds they find, no matter how small, to wall crawl.
Kiss of Death: Draco can kill with a single kiss, using varying means.
- Life-Force Absorption: The user can absorb life-force/energy, vitality and health, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently. As many superpowers are derived from life force, user may be able to absorb them from the targets. Any attacks derived from superpowers are also vulnerable to such abilities, as the energy and matter produced contains the user's life force, which can be drained and rendering the attack useless. Extended drain may result in extended or permanent effects, or even death.
Psionic Manipulation: user can use any and all psychic powers. Such as Astral Manipulation, Telekinesis, Empathy, Extrasensory Perception, Psychic Energy Manipulation, Precognition, Retrocognition and, Telepathy
- Psionic Energy Conversion: Can absorb the psychic energy of others and use it to convert it into other types of energy.
- Absorb the energy created by thought-waves and convert it into other forms of energy, such as:
- Absorb psychic energy and convert it into Sonic Blasts
- Absorb psychic energy and convert it into Kinetic Blasts
- Use the absorbed psychic energy to protect from mental attacks.
- Use the absorbed psychic energy to create Fire or Electricity.
- Convert psychic energy into Radiation
- Remove negative thoughts and unwanted memories
- Gain Telekinesis
- Psionic Strength
- Gain the power of Astral Projection
- Absorb the energy created by thought-waves and convert it into other forms of energy, such as:
Malleable Anatomy/Shapeshifting: Draco can alter the body to whatever he wants
- Air Mimicry: Is made up of or can transform their body completely into air. Users transformed form can be either anatomically identical to their normal form, aside of being made of air, in which case it contains all to organs and is somewhat vulnerable to attacks. Alternately user can transform into homogenous matter, without any part of their form being more important than the other.
- Animal Morphing: can transform into animals, whether partially or completely, as well as use the abilities, traits and appearance/physiology of animals by rearranging their own DNA structure. Users may be able to transform into alien animals and/or animals they have never encountered, such as Dinosaurs. Some may have this ability from an empty genetic code, allowing them to accept any form from which they have a DNA sample, others may be able to alter their form mentally and change just by seeing and mimicking animal features.
- Bat Physiology: With this ability either is or can mimic/transform into bats.
- Human Disguise: Can take on an ordinary human appearance to blend in with modern society. This power is designed for non-human individuals to hide their non-human traits and appearances to avoid detection.
- Size Manipulation: Has complete control over the size of oneself and others, from tiny to absolutely gigantic while retaining their physical proportions, some may be able to alter their density. Usually strength and durability is proportional to the size assumed, but users may actually gain increased abilities when growing or keep their normal ones when shrinking.
Mental Inducement/Mental Manipulation: Draco is able cause the target's mind/brain go into wanted state, causing short-term change in emotions, sensations, memories, etc., exact length of the effect depends on both the users skill and power and the targets mental state.
Draco can manipulate, modify and control the thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions, allowing the ability to render others unconscious, suppress their memories, and negate the use of abilities, increase/decrease mental capacity, modify minds to be agreeable, control minds, sway sensations to induce altered perception, bestow/heal mental disorders, create/penetrate mental barriers, etc.
- Desire Inducement: Draco can induce desires into others, to the point where they cannot get enough of it. This power can bring out the deepest desire of someone (whether it is company, love or just food) or even induce new desires they never had before
- Love Inducement- Cause a people to desire what they love and vice-versa.
- Sexual Inducement - Induce sexual desires in others, making them get it at all costs.
- Persuasion: Draco can compel people by speaking, the victims are unable to disobey; the seemingly cogent commandment is far too compelling. At high level, user can even persuade people into hurting/killing themselves or even flip around sense of logic, but can never cause victims to achieve what they are not capable of (ex. Flight).
- Inhibition Release Compel people to admit to and act upon repressed mandates to slake they're personal selfish desires.
- Limited Logic Mandate: With enough skill one can completely control a victim's perception of reality either leaving them comatose with but a few words or changing they're moral alignment and allegiances to suit the users whim.
- Truth Inducement: to force veracity by vocal questions and prevent them to come up with a lie, similar to Lie Detection.
Natural Weaponry: Draco possesses some form of natural weaponry, including claws, fangs, horns, beaks, clubbed tails, etc., and know how to use them.
- Claw Retraction: Draco can project and retract razor-sharp claws of energy, bone, metal, keratin, etc., from their fingertips/hands for offensive purposes.
- Enhanced Bite: Draco and most Incubus have particularly strong bite, either because of sharp teeth, strong jaw-muscles, unusual jaw-structure (mandibles of insects, beak, etc.) or some other reason. Exactly what they can bite depends of the jaw-strength, resilience of their teeth/bite-surface and their shape.
- Fang Retraction: He has teeth are abnormally sharp and can deliver a deadly bite. In some cases, the teeth may even be retractable.
- Prehensile Tail: Draco has or can grow a prehensile tail adapted to be able to grasp or hold objects. Fully prehensile tails can be used to hold and manipulate objects, and in particular to aid arboreal creatures in finding and eating food in the trees. Draco hides his tail because it's also endogenous zone
- Prehensile Tongue: He may be able to make their tongue grow longer and grasp and manipulate objects. Particularly strong users may even be able pierce their target.
Pheromone Manipulation: The user has complete control over the pheromones, a secreted or excreted chemical factor that triggers a social response in members of the same species, of oneself and others, including releasing pheromones that induce attraction between subjects (or within a subject for oneself), to exuding pheromones strong enough to induce sleep, change emotions and draw crowds.
Pheromones may induce a pleasure, or may put subjects into a state of high suggestibility (either of which is useful for limited mind control). Other uses of these pheromones can be used to mark territory (causing people to feel the compulsion to not go into a certain area), or to leave a pheromone path which others can follow. The user's pheromones may even increase stamina, slightly stimulate the healing process or (used offensively) cause foes to become disoriented, violent or extremely sick.
- Sex Appeal Combat: Draco can use their sex appeal to help them in combat, by using their sexuality, sexual organs and/or expertise to defeat their opponent.
- Sexual Inducement: Draco can induce sexual arousal in others to make them lustful and crave sexual interaction. This power may work with both genders, their sexual interest and people of any age.
- Sexual Instinct: Draco is the ultimate sexual being determined by both natural and supernatural ways. They have a sexuality imprinted nature in biological, physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects, giving them a life full of pleasure with any means and most effective ways possible, use anything at hand to do so experiencing hyper-sexuality that can transcend their sex drive to potentially supernatural levels, making them experts their first try in every way, that can effect even those around them just by wanting them and repel those the users doesn't want, having no mental problems either before, during or after the deed. Draco has complete mastery of any and/or all form of sexuality whether it be scientific, magical, divine, supernatural, natural, etc, making them the ultimate sexual partner in life, having full mastery in sexuality and anything related to it by nature.
- Subliminal Seduction/Seductive Magnetism: Draco can project seductive thoughts to the minds of others, speak with subliminal seductive power behind each word, and/or stimulate the brain's pleasure centers by touch, voice or thought. This can be used to attract and seduce any subject one desires, because the subject receiving the thoughts would believe they were the ones thinking them. Draco radiate an aura of attractiveness, naturally inducing pleasure and desire while subtly lifting inhibitions. The affected targets remain fully themselves, but can't help but long for the user's favor and affection, and can't bring themselves to cause them harm except as a last resort, like an irreplaceable treasure too precious to be lost.
Supernatural Beauty: Draco is supremely beautiful and use it to affect others. This power is divided into two separate but interlocking aspects: The Incubus/Succubus is always, and under any circumstances, physically, personally and socially perfect, graceful and flawless, without anything that would make them look unattractive or distract from their presence. They are perfectly aware how to increase their appeal by apparel, action or choice of words, but even these are simply details to enhance their natural appeal. For example, someone with this ability rising straight from the bed after hard nights partying and wearing the rattiest possible clothes would make even best supermodel primped to perfection look homely in comparison. Secondly, the Incubus/Succubus is able to affect other people, both by affecting their minds, emitting pheromones and generally being a perfect companion and/or object of admiration. At the lower level, the user could make a complete stranger treat them like their closest friend in only a few minutes and be perfectly willing to help them in any way they need. Someone with more power could make anyone treat them like someone who is privileged to do and get anything they wish and be admired and even loved for it. At the higher level user could make people fulfill their smallest suggestion, although not against their deepest principles. At the most powerful, they could simply eradicate free will, making everyone slavishly devoted to the user and willing to do anything to please them.
- Enhanced Beauty: Incubus/Succubus possesses a level of grace, physical beauty, sense of style and social poise above that commonly found on earth. This is the level of beauty of a storybook princess or fairy-tale prince charming, but is below the level found in goddesses of love and beauty, such as Aphrodite, or heavenly beings like angels and archangels. Other possible Incubus/Succubus might include: the half-human offspring of deities and angels, certain vampires, genetically engineered human beings and even shapeshifters in their most alluring guise. Incubus/Succubus will be able to exercise considerable social influence on others, but, unlike with Supernatural Beauty, will probably not be able to reap true superpowers from their beauty alone.
Wing Manifestation: Draco has or is able to manifest wings that grow or are attached to the body allowing flight. They may also protect from rear attacks or detach and re-grow for quick getaways. Then appear as bat wings.
- Wing Blades: Possesses blade-tipped wings that can be used as weapons as well as some degree of flight.
Skills and Abilities Edit
Love Interests Edit
Emmanuelle is the French feminine form of Emmanuel which is from the Hebrew name עִמָּנוּאֵל ('Immanu'el) meaning "God is with us". This was the foretold name of the Messiah in the Old Testament. It has been used in England since the 16th century in the spellings Emmanuel and Immanuel, though it has not been widespread. The name has been more common in continental Europe, especially in Spain and Portugal (in the spellings Manuel and Manoel).
Caroline is the French feminine form of Carolus which is the Latin form of Charles is from the Germanic name Karl, which was derived from a Germanic word meaning "man". However, an alternative theory states that it is derived from the common Germanic name element hari meaning "army, warrior". The popularity of the name in continental Europe was due to the fame of Charles the Great (742-814), commonly known as Charlemagne, a king of the Franks who came to rule over most of Europe. His grandfather Charles Martel had also been a noted leader of the Franks. It was subsequently the name of several Holy Roman Emperors, as well as kings of France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Hungary (in various spellings). After Charlemagne, his name was adopted as a word meaning "king" in many Eastern European languages, for example Czech král, Hungarian király, Russian король (korol), and Turkish kral.
The name did not become common in Britain until the 17th century when it was borne by the Stuart king Charles I. It had been introduced into the Stuart royal family by Mary Queen of Scots, who had been raised in France. Famous bearers of the name include naturalist Charles Darwin (1809-1882) who revolutionized biology with his theory of evolution, novelist Charles Dickens (1812-1870) who wrote such works as 'Great Expectations' and 'A Tale of Two Cities', French statesman Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970), and American cartoonist Charles Schulz (1922-2000), the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip. Mirabelle is derived from Latin mirabilis "wonderful". This name was coined during the Middle Ages, though it eventually died out. It was briefly revived in the 19th century.
Dominique is the French feminine and masculine form of Dominic is from the Late Latin name Dominicus meaning "of the Lord". This name was traditionally given to a child born on Sunday. Several saints have borne this name, including the 13th-century founder of the Dominican order of friars. It was in this saint's honour that the name was first used in England, starting around the 13th century. It is primarily used by Catholics.
Emma's surnames are Beauchene is from French place names derived from beau "beautiful" and chêne "oak". And her second last name is Des Marais is a habitational name for someone from any of various places named with Old French mareis, maresc ‘marsh’, as for example Les Marets, in Seine-et-Marne, Centre, Nord, and Picardy.